- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger or tsp dried
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 15 oz can plain diced tomatoes
- 6 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 4-5 carrots, cut into slices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen spinach
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp Jalapeno or Habanero Original
- In a large pot, cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in the olive oil until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the spices; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, and chickpeas. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring. Add broth, and bring to a low boil.
- Cover with a lid and turn heat to low. Let simmer until the carrots and potatoes are soft (30-45 mins, depending on how big you cut the pieces).
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to mash up about 1/4 of the stew, to give it a nice thick texture. Stir in the spinach until it wilts/defrosts.
- Add salt/pepper to taste, and more Sinai Gourmet on top if you like it extra spicy!
If you want to add more protein, you can add chicken or tofu to this recipe. We like to eat it with pita bread and soft boiled eggs at our house.